June 18, 2009
June 17, 2009
finn and ella
Here is Finnie at Shedd Aquarium with his little girl friend, Ella. Ella is such an amazing beauty that Finn will totally thank me some day for making introducing them at such a young age. That's one way to hold off the competition.
But I do think that someday Finn is going to be the sweetest, cutest boyfriend some lucky girl will have. This kid was a born romantic. He cannot pass a wildflower without picking it for me, loves to snuggle, loves to hold hands, and really does flirt with pretty girls. Future girlfriends, be tender with my boy's heart! Or bear the wrath of mama.
June 15, 2009
June 14, 2009
Finn's closing co-op concert
One of the things that I'm loving the most about being a mom is these fun little rituals or rights of passage that emerge. Last week was Finn's preschool's closing concert. It was a cacophony of cute—-a total scripted, yet unscripted, show where the performers waved at the audience, fussed, smiled, cracked up, pulled the hair of the performer in front of them, and sometimes walked off stage. I loved every minute of it. I will so miss this co-op and the wonderful parents and teachers who brought it to life!
Here are photos from the show, the magician who performed after, the violinist who inspired a dance party before dinner, and the potluck. Finn was so lucky to be a part of this!
Cormac's trying his darnedest to crawl. He'll get it soon!
June 04, 2009
one hundred and eighty nine
My favorite part is the little booty shake.
June 03, 2009
oh, sure he's plenty cute
But does he have to be so cute at 5:30 in the morning? I'll bet this would be just as adorable two hours later or so.
June 01, 2009
quotable Finn, May edition
Here are Finn's May quotes, one day late.
• When it was my birthday, he asked me how old I was. When I told him 38, he said, "Mama, that's not even a number."
• I asked him, "Finnie, how'd you get so sweet?" He says, "Well, I eat a lot of food, and then I grow. And when I grow, my heart gets bigger. When you have a big heart, you're really, really sweet."
• Cormac is kicking and smiling every time he sees Finn. Finn says, "Mama, I never thought baby would be like this when I saw him in the hospital. I just thought he'd sleep and cry."
• In expressing his love, "Mama, I love you one thousand, thirty five, fifty cents, sixteen, eleventeen, forty dollars. Is that a lot?"
• When he smells a flower, he says, "Oh, this smells like Angie!" [his babysitter]